Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Halloween Nails (Skull Tutorial)

I've seen tons of Halloween manicures circulating lately so I figured I'd jump on the wagon and show you all what I would do for my nails.
 
 
This is my issue with doing nails.. I just don't like to put in too much time.
Which is why I like accent nails.. a lot..
You can get all fancy on one nail and then paint the rest of your nails a basic shade, which is what I decided to do here. ( I'm in no way throwing shade at the girls who do extravagant art work on every nail, but let's just be real, I'm no Picasso. )
 
If you'd like to see how I made my skull accent nail.. keep on reading!
 
 
Step 1: Paint your nails black.. this is OPI - Black Onyx.
 
 
 
Step 2: Get some white acrylic paint. ( I promise it makes it so much easier. )
I used a dotting tool to make the shape, and basically globbed it on to add texture.
 
 
 
Step 3: Add your jaw.
Again, I used a small dotting tool but you could also use a toothpick.
 
 
 
Step 4: Add teeth to the top and bottom.
 
 
 
Step 5: Add 3 small dots in the shape of a triangle to start the nose.
 
 
 
Step 6: Connect your dots to create an upside-down heart.
 
 
 
Step 7: Add two rectangular circles for the eyes.
 
 
 
Step 8: This is the fun step. Once you have your mouth, nose and eyes, you can go in and add your details and also clean up any areas you're not happy with.
 
I added definition to the cheek bones, I made the eyes angry, I added more detail to the teeth and I also added some lines in the forehead.
 
 
 
Step 9: Once you're happy with your design, add a thick layer of top coat.
I love the way the texture looks now that it has top coat on it. It looks more skull-like.
 
 
 
 
Hope you guys enjoyed the skull tutorial!
If you have any questions/comments, feel free to leave them below.
 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment